Thanks to the dynamically evolving Artificial Intelligence, its impact on digital marketing has already started showing results. This is AI that has the capability of reasoning, deciding, analyzing, executing and predicting future patterns and trends. On one end, businesses want to decrease their costs and focus on a particular focussed group instead, on the other, users want data that is relevant to them. From the list of applications that it has, the technology has already had its debut in social media with targeted audience and relevant content being sent to the users. Not to mention the number of results it has already produced in the impact section to the delight of digital marketers.
Today AI has entered some major arenas with Google Home, Siri from Apple, and Alexa from Amazon. The idea is to give you an all round user experience that lets you switch off the lights in other room without getting up or searching for a good place to eat without having to touch your phone. With so many user applications it is only a matter of time that AI will support digital marketing to the delight of marketers to pursue some very important data. It’s prediction and analyses for few of the things can alone help the brand grow krapa and bounds, one can only imagine the result if AI reaches its positive potential.
Here is how AI is all set to change the game of Digital marketing in 2018.
Enhanced user experience:
AI has helped pave way for bigger innovations in the service of the customer. The customer is the king for any business. Their comfort and accessibility comes before anything else which directly implies it’s vast importance. AI has changed the game of customer service in many ways.
- Now, what if AI could take care of your Customer service on social media while you are away? Wouldn’t that be 10 times helpful? Robot chat boxes were introduced sometime back that allowed brands to send responses in case of a prompt from customers. Today AI can use the incoming data and customise the message to make it more personal for the end user.
- Moreover, the huge piles of data and it’s analysis that AI does in seconds can be of crucial importance in building the consumer strategy for communication as well as advertising. A customer’s behaviour patterns, buying trends and preferred products and sites was the information impossible to reach. With AI, it is possible today!
- The next up thing is Augmented reality. Buyers would now be able to touch and feel the product before jumping into any conclusion and buying it. This is to address the anomaly of delayed customer responses which will be avoided as they would now be able to make their decisions faster than before!
Simple decisions and easier marketing:
AI has also seen huge amounts of results in making the job easier for marketers with its important feature of providing data. Unlike SEO, AI will have a compact and concise data of what exactly a customer needs. This can be explained as follows.
- Whenever a user searches for something over the Internet, AI records the search and stores it in files related to the user. With such function, it is able to create a pattern for the user. This means, AI can now be at a better position to predict what is the product you are most likely to purchase and then will sell it to you.
- This information is priceless for advertisers as it helps in reducing sales cycles and focussing on a targeted group of audience that has higher chance of conversion. This is the reason why AI is taken into account while strategizing today in terms of marketing.
- This can later on lead to make SEO and Banner ads next to obsolete as it completes all the work by itself. Also, why would someone focus of something else when AI gives you what you need all at once.
Image recognition is further possible to give the highest possible ROI for a brand. Today it is possible to identify a person of a product through image search which was not possible even 2 years ago. Amazon’s latest, Rekognition is meant for identifying people and the emotions to make a judgement of how they’re feeling or what they’re thinking.
- The possibilities of using such a technology are endless. The banking and finance sectors can largely benefit from this by increasing payment speeds with customer identity therefore increasing the security.
- The applications in social media are endless too. Social media is a very big source of images. Numbers state that a tweet with visual content is retweeted 150 more times than just textual tweets. A facebook post with visual content is 2.3 times more likely to be engaged with. On an average, from the total population in the world 3.25 billion photos are shared each day!
- The results of image search, the data itself can benefit brands in a huge way. Businesses can use these images to take note of the behavioural pattern and the factors that increase the probability of purchase of a product. Such demographics are essential in making a good business plan.
The gap between marketers and consumers is bridged with every search and click on social media. As more and more people join the Internet, so will the accessibility of brands to their customers. Effective, fast decision making, analyses, data collection and prediction is what makes AI an important choice. 2018 will see some impactful stories of brands that shot up with the help of AI to make the best of the information they have.
About the author:
Win Infosoft is a digital marketing company that provides quality services in PPC, SEO, SMM, Website development, App development and more. The brand stays on top of digital marketing news and releases to provide you with high quality services.